Adhérez ✎Bulletin d’adhésion Réseau Astra 2018
Social and therapeutic agriculture and how it is practised in the Rhone-Alpes region
In Rhone-Alpes the ASTRA Network uses the following definition of social and therapeutic agriculture:
An agricultural activity, involving the production and enhancement of agricultural (and agriculture-related) products and services, that:
- provides care for disabled, disadvantaged or marginalised people
- is a tool for socio-professional inclusion, and therapeutic support
- contributes to the diversification of agricultural activity and the revitalisation of our rural areas
Information sheet: The benefits of social and therapeutic agriculture for disabled, disadvantaged or marginalised people (document in French)
A sector encompassing diverse practices
Within the Rhone-Alpes region, the social and therapeutic agriculture sector is very diverse. In short, each care farm has its particularities:
- The type of organisation: independent farms, charitable organisations, social institutions…;
- The client groups: people with disabilities, with mental health needs; socially disadvantaged or marginalised people; people suffering from addictions……
- The objectives of the care being offered to the service-users, and the role of the farmer: employment / work experience, socio-professional inclusion, temporary or long-term care, therapeutic support...
Social and therapeutic agriculture and its implementation in Rhone-Alpes
To find out more about social and therapeutic agriculture in Rhône-Alpes, consult our directory and our films, or attend one of our events.
To increase your understanding of social and therapeutic agriculture, the different types of care farms and their means of hosting/accompanying service-users, consult our publications and the ASTRA Information Pack.
To find out more about social and therapeutic outside of the Rhône-Alpes region, consult our page about projects elsewhere in Europe.